Old 26-02-2007, 03:52 AM posted to rec.ponds
Reel McKoi[_2_] Reel McKoi[_2_] is offline

Default re.Koi Food -

"~ jan" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 18:37:11 -0600, "Reel McKoi"
wrote:

What does? What Sandy wrote? If so, prove her wrong. ~ jan

===================
I don't think anyone can prove her right or wrong. What works for one
person
may not work too well for another under different conditions of pond size,
climate.... etc.

Why would a fish vet make something up, why would she put herself, her
professional reputation out there, by writing something erroneous?

What reason did she give for trout and catfish chow not being suitable for
pond koi that must have some fat and size to get them through zone 6 and
colder winters? I saw no mention of that. Or for adult koi living outdoors
where they supplement their diet with what ever enters the water? Also, why
would the researchers/Drs make up that HRT saved woman's bones and hearts
etc. when it clearly raised the breast cancer rate and killed them? What
about the tranquilizers that researchers/Dr's claimed were so good and safe
that had the depressed committing suicide and pulled from the market? Any
thinking reasoning person would want more than "just her word" for it.
After the so-called research I've read about, I have little faith in what
they claim. Now I want all the answers.....

She has
more knowledge, personal & educational then all of us combine and no
agenda, other than to give instruction on what is best for koi.

You still haven't told us what she's basing her "opinion" on. I want to
see what research she's done, under what conditions, who funded her
research, the age of the fish, the name brands she researched, where it was
done etc.

In this case, it has nothing to do with what works for one may not work
well for another.

Yes it worked well for the people who clued me in to the cheaper foods and
it works great for me.

That's always a given on how well one follows instruction
or how much common sense an individual has. It doesn't mean the science is
flawed, just the experimenter. ~ jan

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one until I have all the answers
regarding her research. See above. Also, there is no rational reason these
koi feeds should be so expensive. They contain no gold dust or magical
ingredients. It reminds me of the exact same antibiotic capsule the dog
owner pays the vet $3 for, we pay the pharmacist $5 for,.... and the farmer
only pays .50 for. Same drug from the same line made at the same
plant......
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.