Old 26-02-2007, 04:41 AM posted to rec.ponds
Reel McKoi[_2_] Reel McKoi[_2_] is offline

Default re.Koi Food -

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
oups.com...
Jan,

I took your suggestion of Googling. I tried 'koi catfish food'

Just beware of any site that's SELLING foods or recommends you to a site
that sells koi/goldfish food. They have a vested interest in most cases.

The chow I use is protein 36% (porcine and fish meals)
Fat is 5%
Fiber 6%
Calcium .50 to 1.00%
Phos 0.90%
Sodium 0.01 to 0.05%

Corn is listed as 3rd.

This is the last bag I bought this fall when I saw they were going into
winter underweight. But then the temps dropped. The 20 lb. bag was about
$12.00. I have not seen the loss of color mentioned, or obesity in my fish.
Unfortunately no brand names are mentioned. All have a different formula I'm
sure.

Interesting results:

-http://www.ponddoc.com/WhatsUpDoc/FishHealth/Fattening.html

-http://www.arborman.com/fishfood.htm

-http://www.lonestarkoi.com/Articles/vitamins.html

These 3 seem the best to me. They do spell out their details. Not
research, but evidently knowledgable. Should help our discussion.

Jim

--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.