Old 26-02-2007, 07:31 AM posted to aus.gardens
jones jones is offline

Default Grey water from washing machine

Since you put it that way about not saving much, you are right most of it is
not for water used, but their charges etc.

Water tanks are too expensive for most people to get, and I agree the small
rebate doesn't make you want to run to buy one.

Katherine

"Spiny Norman" wrote in message

If you look at your water bill you will probably find the cost of
water is the smallest part of it. $115 of my bill is a water sevice
and sewerage charge the water costs less than $40. and at $1.20 per
thousand litres any saving is marginal even though it has recently
gone up from under $1 per Kl

At that rate my 5000 litre tanks (2500 x 2) hold $6 worth of water
which makes the approx $1500 cost seem ludicrous.

From a purely financial point of view water
tanks make no sense at all however from a moral and environmental
standpoint...