Old 26-02-2007, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default How much water do rhododendrons need?

We have a site where we have cleared a number of large (i.e 50ft high)
Leylandii and we're thinking of planting some rhododendrons there.

From what I have read etc. it would seem that they will like the
acidity etc. but I'm not quite sure if the ground will be damp enough
for them. Although there is a lot of humus the underlying ground is
sandy and well drained so it's relatively dry and rainfall is low
(we're in Suffolk) - though you might not think so just at the moment!

So, will rhododenrons be OK?

--
Chris Green