Old 26-02-2007, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Ipomea

In article , John
writes
Could it be Ipomoea indica? Try the following link for pictures - the flowers
look very large.
http://www.hear.org/starr/hiplants/i...oea_indica.htm
Best of luck,

Yes! that's exactly the colour John, though difficult to judge the
size. I'll try and get the seeds from that one as it looks the nearest!
I did grow several varieties from the Chiltern seed catalogues last year
but chose Milky Way which was a white striped one, a crimson one, I
think was Serenade and one that never did anything.
A big mistake as everyone that came to the house remarked that I had got
a wed growing amongst the climber next to the front door They all
thought it was bindweed
One person actually had some in her hand having helpfully yanked a
string out whilst waiting for me to answer the door!

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph