Old 26-02-2007, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Ipomea

In article . com, Dave
Poole writes

Some friends who live in Florida usually grow a few from seed that
they get direct from Japan. I've seen photos of them in the past and
some of the flowers are almost too large. I've been trying to get in
touch with them, but they seem to be away at the moment. I'll try and
get a source address for you if you like,

Thank you, much appreciated. Waterperry's had theirs growing outside the
restaurant and the two gardeners I asked did 'n't seem o think it was
anyhting out of then ordinary.
One friend had grown it in her garden in Swallowfield, again though a
little protected on her south facing wall, it apparently had come from
'just a packet of morning glory seeds'.

Two others I saw in NGS gardens and again the owners had thought it
nothing strange.

It is the blue in the link that John gave for indica but, as you say, it
might be the growing conditions?

It was very attractive and I would love to have that colour!

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph