Old 26-02-2007, 05:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cearbhaill Cearbhaill is offline

Default Grass to garden -- what's the best approach?

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message

All opinions and experiences welcome.

It might depend on what type of grass you have.

We have St. Augustine, and when we removed our entire front lawn we dug it
all up. A sodcutter would be great, but we did it the old fashioned way with
a flat shovel and a wheelbarrow. We put down two layers of "guaranteed"
weedcloth, and several inches of mulch on top of that, and I still have to
weed it by hand.
With mint I would think it would take over the area fairly rapidly, though.

Here's what we ended up with
http://www.cearbhaill.com/DSC00219.JPG

Good luck.

--