Old 26-02-2007, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default This group

"John McMillan" wrote
You'll not be very welcome here if you don't want to start
an argument. The whole point of this newsgroup is to propagate
vile and rancorous arguments. The "gardening" bit in the title
is simply a screen.

I'm sorry you feel that way John, I personally don't find it so at all
except for one or two people and in all walks of life you find a few of
those sort that think it funny to cause trouble and be nasty, it's just
another form of vandalism. The recent spat totally missed me, as I'm not
that interested in Rosemary, that was until someone gave me a "heads up" to
what was going on, I was just looking at the threads that interested me as
usual, in a world of my own. :-).
If you find some people annoying just ignore them, delete their posts, or
"Killfile" them.
This Ng is about UK gardening the vast majority of the time and even the
arguments are about gardening usually, we have a lot of very knowledgeable
gardeners posting here, both professional and experienced old codgers, who
simply like to help others over their problems etc., chat over the fence,
and yes, engage in friendly argument occasionally. Just like an allotment
site actually. :-)
--
Regards
Bob H