Old 26-02-2007, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Sacha help please

On 26/2/07 18:06, in article ,
"Leslie" wrote:

Hello Sacha

I live in Cornwall and I have seen in roadside hedges and field margins.

An almost black Iris of 20 " stature I have almost been tempted to take but
common sense wins out

I have not seen these plants for sale any ideas please

I am guessing at Siberian iris, Iris chrysographes, perhaps? I don't know
if it's truly wild or an escapee, though. The Iris foetidissima isn't dark
enough, probably. There are nurseries that do wild flowers so you might be
lucky enough to find one of yours, if it's truly a wild plant.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk