Old 26-02-2007, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Sacha help please

"Leslie" wrote
Hello Sacha

I live in Cornwall and I have seen in roadside hedges and field margins.

An almost black Iris of 20 " stature I have almost been tempted to take
but common sense wins out

I have not seen these plants for sale any ideas please

Of our two native Iris the only possibility is I. foetidissima (Stinking
Iris, Roast-beef plant, Gladdon, Bloody bones) but that normally would not
be described as black, however there are a number of ex-garden Iris that
have escaped and Hermodactylus tuberosa (Snakes head or Widow iris) is down
in the West Country.
http://home.planet.nl/~panurus/tuin/...Tuberosus.html

--
Regards