Old 26-02-2007, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Ipomea

In article . com,
"Dave Poole" writes:

| It's a very bad and misleading web page. You have to look further to
| see that all but one of the pics that are accredited with being
| Ipomoea indica are entirely different species.

I am glad that I have not lost ALL of my marbles - that's what I
thought!

| Very large flowers exceed that by a fair degree
| and if they are closer to 15cms. (6") or more across, they almost
| certainly must be variants of Ipomoea nil.

I have never seen them that size in the UK, but I am no great expert
on them. The seeds that I have sown that claimed to grow to that
size, er, didn't.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.