Old 27-02-2007, 11:22 AM posted to aus.gardens
Geoff & Heather Geoff & Heather is offline

Default hot tip of the month!!

Mix a few radish seeds with carrots when planting. The radishes germinate
in 4 days and quickly grow up to provide shade for the emerging delicate
carrots, they also break any surface crust that may form - especially in hot
weather. By the time the radishes are ready to pull out, the carrots are
well established and pulling the radishes out loosens the soil a bit a give
the carrots room to grow.

Geoff

"Jonno" wrote in message
Jonno wrote:
0tterbot wrote:
"Linda H" wrote in message
u...
0tterbot wrote:

does anyone else have any hot tips?
kylie

One tip I read somewhere years ago is one I always do even though it's
not a particularly 'hot' tip.

Before potting/gardening I run my fingernails over the base of a soft
cake of soap coz I hate the soil getting under my nails. Easy n' clean
to get out.

i tried that once but i found the soap felt even more disturbing than
dirt does! :-D

I know, bit boring but I really like hearing tips. Thanks for starting
this thread, Kylie.

you're welcome! i wonder where our other hot tipsters are, for the
benefit of more and hotter hot tips? clearly jonno's now involved in
handbags at 10 paces with the Landscaper Who Spread The Rumour, so
that's him done.
kylie

Yeah steroids will do this for a landscaper. Cop Jim Dury in Sunday Sun
Herald. Mr Muscles himself.

Another hot tip This week at
http://aldi.com.au/index.php?p=produ...roduct_91.html