Old 27-02-2007, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Neil[_2_] Neil[_2_] is offline

Default What's happening to my lawn?

builders and ask them how they arranged drainage of the gardens. I'm
perfectly serious about this. Do it now.

--
Sacha

I'm aware of the drainage situation. In fact, we probably have 12-15" of
topsoil on top of a 5' layer of clay. Not ideal, I know, but standard on
this particular site. Close to both ends, there is a soakaway, and drainage
pipes too and I also myself layed a french drain down the middle of the
garden joining the two. The areas in concern, don't mirror where there is
either a soakaway, or not, In all the rain we had last winter, and some
bad spells many months ago, drainage has never been an issue.

Neil