Old 27-02-2007, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Garden Birds

On 26/2/07 18:57, in article , "Bob
Hobden" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote
Take a look at the following link where there are some short (very short
unfortunately!) call sounds for all the Owls, click on the bird you are
interested in and then the song/call. You can choose QuickTime or MP3.
Let us know if any are what you describe.
http://www.garden-birds.co.uk/birdindex.htm

Hearing this and reading the info on Little Owls and Tawny Owls makes me
wonder if we've got both! Certainly, we hear the hooo, hooo, oooo call
during the day time, sometimes around 2pm and on into the night. I'm very
confused!

The problem is they are very short recordings and if you heard the full
"song" it would become clearer but I can't find a site that has such, sorry.
There are DVD's that have the sounds of all UK birds btw.

Just to go back to this, Bob - I've found the BTO site and the downloads
there for the Tawny are longer and make me quite sure this is the owl we
have around here.
http://www.bto.org/gbw/Tawny_Owl_Sur...Tawny_Owls.htm

--
Sacha