Old 27-02-2007, 03:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner William Wagner is offline

Default Grass to garden -- what's the best approach?

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"immike" wrote in message
ups.com...
I Beg You...PLEASE DON"T PLANT THE MINT!

My neighbor planted some on his side of the fence years ago and it
crept into my yard. I mowed and mowed and it crept and crept
eventually into my roses and across the walk and...EVERYWHERE!!!
Arrghh!

I now have new neighbors and they dug up their mint and I spent THREE
DAYS digging up mine. I'm sure I'll see more this year as it will grow
from every piece of root I missed.

So I beg you...PLEASE STOP!!!

I can't wait till spring!

How about a lovely hosta garden, they will spread out and keep all the
weeds down around them.

Now that's a good idea. Pachysandra, too. Spreads, but easy to whack when
necessary.

I'd stay away from Ajuga and Hops. Mint was never a problem here
easily pulled. Lemon Balm pops up here and there. Then again I have
black bamboo about.
Actually Chick weed and moss are getting my attention more these days.
Moss on our brick patio was not fazed by being limed. I just bought a
torch for deicing that can double as a moss slayer.

Bill whose front yard is nothing but Pachysandra and perennials.

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade