Old 27-02-2007, 05:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Grass to garden -- what's the best approach?

Jangchub wrote in
:

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:56:56 -0500, William Wagner
wrote:

I'd stay away from Ajuga and Hops. Mint was never a problem here
easily pulled. Lemon Balm pops up here and there. Then again I have
black bamboo about.
Actually Chick weed and moss are getting my attention more these days.
Moss on our brick patio was not fazed by being limed. I just bought a
torch for deicing that can double as a moss slayer.

Bill whose front yard is nothing but Pachysandra and perennials.

I couldn't believe when I saw three varieties of moss at HOME DEPOT!
I bought a quart of each and just now divided them into 18 plants. I
did the same thing with pineapple sage, lysimachia, tomatoes, etc.
When I shop for plants I always make sure there is more than one plant
in each pot.

Are you Scots? Me, too.

What zone are you in? Are these plants being put out now?