Old 27-02-2007, 06:18 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Grass to garden -- what's the best approach?

"FragileWarrior" wrote in message

Why are you asking me? What does your local dog ordinance say? If
the law is on your side, then talk to the law. A photograph of the
deed being done is good proof of who the culprit is, too.

One dipshit owner does not make all dogs and all owners scoundrels.

This example has nothing to do with dog ordinances.

Of course it does. If there is a law against it, then evoke the law.

Our dog ordinances say dog owners must clean up after their animals. Not
likely with dog ****.

And, there's no
reason (or easy way) to photograph plants covered in ****.

Get the dog lifting it's leg. Let the police extroplate from there.

Yeah. I'll stand outside all day with a camera. :-)

The issue
is this: If a property owner asks you not to do something on their
property, you do not ask why.

Is there a law against asking why?

Of course not. But, the laws against trespassing do not require that the
landowner explain anything. You know that.

You obey. If you disagree with what I've
just said, then I have the right to urinate on your dog, in your mail
box, or anything on that property, and there's nothing you can do
about it.

No, I believe that is classified as assault AND indecent exposure. Do so
and you'd be in much, much, MUCH more trouble than the dog owner. But,
hey, don't let me stop you from trying it. Get back to us on how that
works out for you.

Assault? Not really. Got a car you love? What if I walk onto your property
and start spray painting it a new color? Why would I do this? Because it was
a convenient place to stop and paint a car! No different than doing what's
convenient for your dog. Now, you'll say the car is damaged, but it's not.
It'll still do what a car needs to do. The ****ed-on plants may not, or they
might, so let's choose the latter and call the two situations equal.

See what you're doing here? You're trying to twist your interpretation of
law (and common decency) to suit a particular type of pet. You're doing this
because the dog needs to walk, and it needs to crap & **** while being
walked. Therefore, you have made behavioral adjustments because of the dog.
Another way to describe this is training. You have been trained by your pet.