Old 27-02-2007, 02:56 PM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Grubs

In article ,
"Justin Wilson" wrote:

Does the beer just attract them, or does it also get rid of them?

They crawl into it and drown.
It's really been _very_ effective for us, more so for slugs than snails.

My slug infestation is finally down to a minimum.

I wonder if they like hops? As an IPA drinker, I could put down some Dog
Fish Head 90 min IPA!

Worth a shot. :-)

Shallow plant bottoms holding about 1/2" to 3/4" deep have worked. I
think they get drunk. I've watched them. At first they just crawl to the
edge of the beer and drink, then they crawl into it and die.

Cheers!
Kat
--
Peace, Om