Old 27-02-2007, 04:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Way O/T - Recommend a recipe database program?

Yikes, Omnipage costs $499! gulp!

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
I just posted this on RGO because I forgot which ng the thrread started
on... but anyway, the mystery newsgroup came up withthis one:
http://www.livingcookbook.com/

OmniPage, eh? Can even an idiot learn to use it? Is there freeware?

K Barrett

"D. Wain Garrison" wrote in message
. ..
It can be done without typing. I use ScanSoft OmniPage to make a doc and
out it into Master Cook in which I can search on any ingredient.
--
D. Wain Garrison
If you can read you can learn anything
"K Barrett" wrote in message
Yes if you find on let me know, too. Joe keeps thinking he'll find a
program that'll pick up 'all the chicken' recipes or 'all the recipes
that contain peanuts' in case he can't remember the recipe's name but
knows it had certain ingredients... but AFAIK that'd need each recipe to
be typed into a form and not just scanned, so there's noway in hades I'm
going to do that. So I stay with my printouts and recipe piles.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Boy, do we have recipes! We both cook, so it can be dangerous in our
kitchen. We don't have a relational data base for them. Frank keeps
them sorted into categories on CDRWs and uses a spread sheet so we know
where they are. The spread sheet helps because we also have a ton of
Cuisine and Bon Appetit issues that have things we want but haven't yet
scanned. If you find something I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Diana

"Dave Gillingham" wrote in message
Sorry about the o/t posting. It's much more comforting ro get
recommendations
from people you know - friends, even if you've never met them.

Ann's recipe database dates from the days of Win 3.11, & it's a work
of art to
keep it running under XP. Can anyone suggest a good current package?
We're
happy with freeware, shareware or commercial. The only problem with
commercial
is whether one that's available to you is readily available over here.

TIA, & apologies again for going o/t.
Dave Gillingham