Old 26-03-2003, 09:44 PM
Larry Stoter

Default Cat owners need to see the light.

nightjar wrote:

"lamebert" wrote in message
Pointless, my cat cant catch anything owing to a simple device called a
"bell" on her collar

Aside from the fact that bells are not very kind to the cat - you try
wearing a cowbell round your neck for a few weeks to see why - a good hunter
can get within pouncing distance without the bell making a sound.

Colin Bignell

2-3 years ago, I was in Switzerland, near Lucerene, indulging in my
interest in classic cars - the club was having an international meet.

Dinner on Saturday evening was in full swing when the local equivalent
of Morris Dancers appeared. About 8 men with enormous "cow bells"
strapped to their waists - each bell much have weighed 25 kgs. The noise
was deafening. They walked around the dinning room for ~10 mins
"donging" - quite put me off my weissbier! They then walked out, down
the street to the next hotel.

I feel that if cats had a bell of this size stapped to their necks, the
cat would cease to be a problem to anybody.
--
Larry Stoter