Old 27-02-2007, 10:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Grass to garden -- what's the best approach?

wrote in message
In article ,
says...
"FragileWarrior" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

Dogs are another story. They train their humans to do antisocial or
illegal things.

eYOW! Whatta bizarre statement.

My dogs are trained as Therapy Dogs and visit hospitals, nursing homes
and
handicapped children. (And one of my horses is going to do the same
soon.)
As for me, I've never even gotten so much as a speeding ticket. All in
all, my dogs and myself are pretty social and always law abiding, I
think.

Admittedly, my negative experiences are with people who walk dogs in my
neighborhood. Even the so-called "good dog owners" who clean up after
their
dogs are idiots. Why do I say that? Look at the brief conversation below
and
tell me what's wrong with it. Scenario: Dog, on leash, taking a leak at
the
perimeter of a flower bed that is two feet from the street.

Me: Excuse me, would you please NOT let your dog use my property as a
toilet
in the future?
Dog criminal: Why?

That's it. What's wrong with the conversation?

The thing that is missing from your scenario is big FENCE (or
wall, or 2+ metre hedge) that prevents the dog - or anybody else
- from using your property as a toilet.

There are a few people in my street with fences and hedges right
up to the public footpath.

Unfortunately, this may be against gubmint regulations in your
area.

It's not allowed here, either. And, it's a ridiculous idea. I shouldn't have
to spend money to prevent antisocial behavior.

By the way, the problem with the conversation above is that the dog owner
gave the wrong response. The correct response is "Sure. No problem". There
is no other correct response.