Old 28-02-2007, 12:04 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Grass to garden -- what's the best approach?

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 17:44:42 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior
wrote:

I couldn't believe when I saw three varieties of moss at HOME DEPOT!
I bought a quart of each and just now divided them into 18 plants. I
did the same thing with pineapple sage, lysimachia, tomatoes, etc.
When I shop for plants I always make sure there is more than one plant
in each pot.

Are you Scots? Me, too.

What zone are you in? Are these plants being put out now?

I'm in Texas USDA Zone 8b. Last average frost is in two weeks. I
have not planted anything out yet, but the flats are out there and I
can bring them in if it gets below 45. I have some S. greggii and
lambs ears, etc. Now is still early enough for that, but it was 87
degrees yesterday and 82 today. We call that cool! Brrrrr.