Old 28-02-2007, 12:28 AM posted to austin.gardening
cat daddy cat daddy is offline

Default Grubs

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:01:26 -0600, "cat daddy"
wrote:

I remember you talking about your opossum....... Until I got a dog, I
always had at least one come in the cat door at night for years (two
different houses). The cats ignored him/her, "I don't see that giant
mouse...". They have very soft fur, btw, and don't seem to mind being

petted
after awhile......

I did some reading about them and they are smarter than dogs and are
more in line with the intelligence of pigs, which is rather
intelligent. I miss our little guy.

Really, I never had the impression they were very smart. But, I see the
National Opossum Society says so, as well. And, to survive for 70 million
years from the age of dinosaurs, I'd say they're pretty smart (and cute...).
http://www.opossum.org/