Old 27-02-2007, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default What's Your Poison?

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote
Who are your favourite TV garden presenters?

Mine are all dead!!!

Harry Dodson
Geoff Hamilton
Percy Thrower.

Is it something they ate? ;-)

Geoff Hamilton.
He seemed to care about ordinary gardeners and not too much about
expensive stuff from garden centres. What he couldn't make with old
floorboards from the local breaker's yard wasn't worth knowing about.

Monty. His gardening books and columns are a joy to read, for the way he
writes as well as the content.

Carol Klein. I love her infectious enthusiasm. Her fluent style and wide
knowledge are worth at least two dozen RdeT's or C.Dimmocks put
together.

Dan Pearson. It's about time they gave him another series. 'Home Farm'
was very interesting.

Chris Beardshaw - as long as he's not zooming around in helicopters, or
abseiling down cliffs, pretending to be some horticultural 007. When
he's just being a down to earth gardener he's great.

Geoffrey Smith. Someone mentioned him on another thread recently and Mr
Smiths Vegetable Garden was the first tv gardening programme I remember
ever making a point of following, way back when. More recently I used to
make sure to read his evocative columns when I got my father's Garden
News mags second hand, but I haven't caught up with them for a while.
Is he still writing?

And although he's not exactly a tv presenter, I'd watch anything that
included Matthew Wilson from the RHS at Harlow Carr.

--
Sue