Old 28-02-2007, 03:52 AM posted to rec.ponds
cat daddy cat daddy is offline

Default Koi Food Study - LONG

"~ jan" wrote in message
This is from one of the KHA's on the KHA board. Unfortunately it came to

me
in Adobe, so if anyone would like the whole thing, let me know
and I'll E it to you, as there are a whole bunch of
threaded messages. This was on the NI board in 2004 so hopefully a formal
report will be coming out soon.

Even though it isn't about catfish & trout chow, it does bring up some
interesting points regarding feeding/overfeeding/improper feeding.
~ jan

Interesting study and thanks for posting it. It's a shame that such
studies are still needed, as common wisdom should prevail that over-eating,
eating crap food, and excessively processed or dubious ingredients is bad,
no matter the species.
But, we are still an insane culture that accepts feedlot beef fattened on
its own diseased kind and chicken excrement, and thinks there is an
acceptable level of Bisphenol A leaching in plastic baby bottles.

Fatty Liver /Metabolic Syndrome Disease in Koi -- Research
Posted by thom blischok on 11/26/2004, 6:41 am

Fellow NI'ers,
We have just completed a one year study effort regarding the feeding of

koi
and have some rather interesting results.
The hypothesis we were trying to validate is one I've personally felt was
unanswered in all for the literature I've read to date -- and that
hypothesis centered on the idea of "growing koi" at faster metabolically
normal rates -- that is "bulking up" to grow them fast and big. We will be
publishing the study in a couple of months and I thought that I'd provide
some insights that might be interesting for us all to reflect on as we
determine the rate of growth that we create as a result of our feeding
regimen.

snip