Old 28-02-2007, 04:34 AM posted to austin.gardening
Justin Wilson Justin Wilson is offline

Default Grubs

"cat daddy" wrote in message

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:01:26 -0600, "cat daddy"
wrote:

I remember you talking about your opossum....... Until I got a dog, I
always had at least one come in the cat door at night for years (two
different houses). The cats ignored him/her, "I don't see that giant
mouse...". They have very soft fur, btw, and don't seem to mind being

petted
after awhile......

I did some reading about them and they are smarter than dogs and are
more in line with the intelligence of pigs, which is rather
intelligent. I miss our little guy.

Really, I never had the impression they were very smart. But, I see the
National Opossum Society says so, as well. And, to survive for 70 million
years from the age of dinosaurs, I'd say they're pretty smart (and
cute...).
http://www.opossum.org/

I have two big labs and when we came upon a very large armadillo out in the
woods, the labs chased him, but when he stopped and faced them, the dogs
just stopped and stared back looking frustrated. However, another not so
funny incident, one of my dogs came running up to me one day with a still
alive Possum in her mouth wagging the tail and feeling all proud of the
present she brought me. Luckily got her to drop it and it scurried off.