Old 28-02-2007, 02:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default First bloom floof - psfendercinnstickmacrofr.jpg (1/1) [213K]

See the color break on the petal to the left side of the picture (or the
left flower's right petal... now have I truly confused you?) There's a more
pronounced stripe in the midrib and there's a break at the top half of the
petal, near where the dorsal sepal bends over the petal.

Have you used any sort of pesticide - systemic or otherwise - since the bud
started to form? Like in the last 6 months or so? I get that sort of thing
rather frequently and wondered if it was pesticide (which I think it is) or
the heat we had this summer or if it was (gasp) virus. Dennis Olivas says
this sort of thing often is pesticide, but I don't want to delude myself...
So I ask the question. Any pesticide use?

By the way, if you really want to get some kickass plants...well, I'll email
that to you privately...

K Barrett

"tbell" wrote in message
.com...