Old 28-02-2007, 01:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Grass to garden -- what's the best approach?

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 19:54:19 -0800,
wrote:

I just got another TWO copies of a flier that relates to previous
fliers in my mailbox.

Somebody pleading about a male cat going around the area, marking
his territory. And asking his unidentified owner (servant) to
have him neutered. Which will apparently also "fix" either the
urinating habit, or the smell.

I dunno... I've only seen one cat in my garden, and haven't seen
or smelled any spraying. S/he's not mine. But s/he whines
really loud, and extorts me for little bowls of milk, frequently.

Even castrated male cats can still spray. It would be better for the
cat to have plain water and not milk. They do not have that digestion
enzyme for dairy after they are weaned and it gives them the runs.

We do have a visiting cat. Stalks the birds. So, we built a huge
brushpile in a circle so by the time the cat gets there, it will make
noise to alert the birds and they can take cover in the brush.

I have two pair of Cardinal's this year. They are cheeping their
brains out right now. I look forward to the babies.