Old 28-02-2007, 05:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Planning Vegetable garden

On 28 Feb 2007 08:46:17 -0800, "Sportinus"
wrote:

We have decided on a 14 by 14 plot for the garden (it is about all we
could fit). Since this is not very large ar there plants that can be
coplanted? for example what could I interplant with my tomatos. The
kids are thinking corn carrots, broccoli, cucumbers, lettuce. any
other suggestions that real taste good out of the graden?

Check out "Square Foot Gardening" and think about succession planting.
Go to your garden center or other place that carries seeds and look
through them and see what is there that your family likes to eat. Then
carefully read the instructions. Make careful note of the size of the
plants and how long it takes to maturity.
--
Susan N.