Old 28-02-2007, 02:46 PM posted to rec.ponds
Tristin[_2_] Tristin[_2_] is offline

Default Cannas in the Pond

I have a bunch of canna's planted aornd one section of the one pond
and they do great. Lowes one year was selling "aquatic Cannas"

Anothe rplanyt that does good in water is impatients.....never tried
the New Guinea types, but the others do great. Put a clump of them
bareroot in and around rocks on the edgeing or in water fal area
etc....Might try some New Guinea this year as a test.

If you take piece of foam and poke holes in it, and place an impatient
in each hole then float the foam, it makes a nice floating island of
color..I use a piecxe of monofiliament line with a small weight tied
to it,float the impatieint islands out in place and anchor with
weighted fishing line.....
l ...

-------