Old 28-02-2007, 07:25 PM posted to rec.ponds
Tristin[_2_] Tristin[_2_] is offline

Default The Fish are gone

Thats a real bummer.......

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 13:34:34 -0500, ChrisGW
wrote:

Well, We have had a 2500 gallon pond for about 10 years now and never had a
problem with losing fish to animals until now. Our indoor/outdoor cat died about
three weeks ago. We went away last week and when we got home this sunday my wife
went out to feed the fish. There were none! We had six large Koi and about 20 or
more gold fish. We did count 5 small gold fish yesterday morning (under two
inches) Have not seen them since.

We suspect musk rat or raccoons, but there were no signs of either. We do have
both in the area. We do not suspect "foul" play because we have not seen any
fish eating birds since we have been home.

We have been talking of late of going to a smaller pond for maintenance reasons.
(we are not getting any younger). So I think this is a good time to do so. The
liner is 10 years old, so I have gotten my moneys worth out of it and a new
design would be a nice change. May even go for a more formal pond. We shall see.

Chris

-------