Old 28-02-2007, 02:10 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Grubs

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 18:36:34 -0600, "cat daddy"
wrote:

It's a possibility, but I would think I would have seen one. I don't
remember them being that stealthy while camping out in the hill country as
kids. The possums climb through the trellises and over the fence.
Now, I'm intrigued to find out who was doing the digging...

If it's a hole which looks like a comet shape, meaning a hole and all
the dirt to the side all in one direction, it's an armadillo. If you
don't think that's what you got, it could also be a skunk. The last
several nights we've been sleeping with the windows open and a skunk
sprayed somewhere in the area and the stink woke me up! Either way,
it's fun for me to have animals visit. We live on Brushy Creek so we
get all sorts of things. I'm awaiting the fox who comes every year to
have her pups under the shed.