Old 28-02-2007, 07:04 PM posted to austin.gardening
charliekilo charliekilo is offline

Default Grubs

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:25:53 -0600, "charliekilo"
wrote:

I did some reading about them and they are smarter than dogs and are
more in line with the intelligence of pigs, which is rather
intelligent. I miss our little guy.

Victoria

My wife's hairstylist here in Austin has a pet (it's about 9 months old
now)
baby opossum. She (the stylist) found it floating belly up in their
backyard koi pond last May -- she said it was so small that it fit in the
palm of her hand. She revived it and long story short, it's now a family
pet...along with three cats and two (big) dogs. The 'possum plays with
both
the cats and dogs, sleeps in the bed and loves people. And yes, she got
the
proper care instructions from local wildlife people, all the OK's from the
authorities, etc.

Oh I love hearing stories like that. Does their opossum go to the
bathroom in a litter box, or outdoors? I love rats, but they poo and
pee everywhere. They don't "GO" somewhere to void, so that's why I
don't get a few. I've rescued rats from the pool, as well as this one
bull frog who comes every year. It has to be the same guy. He jumps
in the pool, does some laps, makes a huge poop and my husband scoops
him out and brings him back to the creek. So funny.

Litter box