Old 26-03-2003, 10:20 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Soil ingredient

The local nurseries only have bark mulch for landscaping not soil
amendment. I have Turface and chicken grit and Hyalite. In the past I've used
haydite, bark & grit. Can I substitute the Turface for the bark?

Turface is really equal to the Haydite more than to the bark. I just picked
up some bags of a Fafard product at a wholesaler for $2.20 per 40 qt bag.
Maybe if you ask for Fafard Soil Conditioner you can get it. The front
doesn't mention bark, but the back says 100% composted fur bark.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++