Old 28-02-2007, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default urg meet

In message . com,
" writes
On 28 Feb, 16:24, wrote:
On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:20:54 GMT, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from Sacha contains these
words:

Unhappily, recent developments in this group mean that two people are not
included in this open invitation and I feel quite sure they know who they
are, so am going into that no further. It's something I regret
*very* much
having to say.

Given this caveat, you cannot actually call it a 'meet' Sacha, since
NO-ONE can ever be excluded from a true meet. Better call it 'a soiree'
or some other such pretentious nonsense!

Contact Puce for bookings for the urg summer holiday in Aran in the
Big Red Bus.

I see our resident troll is back - for goodness sake what started out
as an invitation to a meet has turned into one or two people grinding
their own particular axes, we are all bored to death with it - give it
a rest.

Not necessarily, Judith. Two people were specifically excluded from the
invitation. If you want to make someone feel uncomfortable, that is the
way to do it. She could just as well have invited people by email and
left it out of urg altogether. That way, those who were excluded didn't
have to know about it and those she wanted to attend would. Instead of
that, she broadcast it for all to see. Would you like it if it were you
who were excluded?
--
June Hughes