Old 28-02-2007, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default And....

"Sacha" wrote after "Cerumen"wrote after
"Sacha" wrote in reply to "Bob
Hobden" who wrote after:
"Sacha" wrote
......who did what today in their garden? Nobody here I can tell you.
We
have had high winds and rain, then everything went a bit sunny and
then
it
all started again in a minor key. No gardening but some satisfactory
time
at a potting bench for me and away from the desk!

I picked some sprouts and got depressed about the waterlogged ground
that
needs cultivating before it is planted but I dare not get on it until
it's
dried out somewhat. Oh for some sunshine and a dry wind.

Amen. We had that yesterday, sun and a breeze but then it was back to
square one. This is a really horrible night. The rain is lashing down
with
the wind behind it. I had hoped we'd seen the last of the gales but
ever
the optimist, I was bound to be disappointed. It is truly vile weather
here.

And even worse here than it was yesterday but it is at least mild, about
12
C right now but certainly not outdoor weather if another option is
available.

We've got gales again and sudden heavy downpours of rain. Sigh.....

High winds and sudden heavy downpours today, just back from shopping in
Windsor, R.Thames looks dangerously high across Runnymede meadow.

--
Regards
Bob H