Old 28-02-2007, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Galpin Janet Galpin is offline

Default Brussels Sprouts

The message .com
from "La Puce" contains these words:

On 25 Feb, 12:16, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
Well you aren't in the UK and I don't know how similar your weather
pattern
is to where we are but it's too soon for anything like that here,
they'd be
too big and leggy before you could plant them out at around Chelsea time.
We won't plant our Sprout seed (Trafalgar & Icarus) until the end of April
planting them out in their final spot at the beginning of June.
Do make sure you don't crowd them even with other plants, they need space
and a good strong individual stake if you are in a windy spot.

Bob, I'm French but been living in Manchester for 25 years! I've got
Peer Gynt sprouts. If you think it's too early then I won't do them
now. I'll wait. I don't want to waiste my first crop.

I start Peer Gynt or any other early sprout in about the second week of
March and late sprouts in early April. I'm in South Lincs; in Manchester
you might need to go a week or so later.

Janet G