Old 28-02-2007, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default And..../keeping chickens

On 28/2/07 17:37, in article , "Janet
Galpin" wrote:

snip

I'm in exactly the same state of doubt. I'd love to keep chickens and
have inherited a rather splendid chicken-house, but just worry about the
problems of not being able to stay away over night etc.
I'm wondering about getting some moveable electric fencing so that I can
vary the area the chickens use, but keep hesitating because of these
doubts. I'd be interested to know from anyone who keeps chickens whether
it's OK to leave them occasionally to put themselves to bed if the
fencing is good enough to keep foxes etc out.

My step daughter kept hers in a thing rather like a fruit cage. It was
built up against the fence so the chicken wire simply had to go along the
front of the run and have a door made into it. Could you do that or
something similar?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk