Old 28-02-2007, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Poole Dave Poole is offline
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon
Default Seed germination

JennyC wrote:

I planted some seeds last Sunday and placed the trays on my a heated mat
(about 20 degrees)
To my amazement the morning glories and the mina lobata had already sprouted
yesterday!!
Probably far to early, but they sure have a head start if they survive!

The Mina (now lumped back in with Ipomoea by some) is relatively cool
tolerant so a bright cool spot will be fine as long as the seedlings
are not kept too wet. Unfortunately your 'Morning Glories' are far
less forgiving and will show their discomfort by growing very slowly
and producing white or white blotched leaves. They will need lots of
light, but should be kept no lower 12 - 15C. Watch out for red
spider, it can devastate young plants in no time.

Roll on spring :~)

It's already arrived in my neck of the woods Jen.