Old 28-02-2007, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Carol Hague Carol Hague is offline

Default And....

Sacha wrote:

......who did what today in their garden? Nobody here I can tell you. We
have had high winds and rain, then everything went a bit sunny and then it
all started again in a minor key. No gardening but some satisfactory time
at a potting bench for me and away from the desk!

My compost daleks arrived, and it wasn't practical to store them in the
house and wait for better weather so I wrestled them down to the
allotment, which luckily is literally just around the corner from our
house.

Good thing I did too, because when I got there one of my green-tent
cloches had been blown over by the wind - the metal frame was upside
down in the broad beans and the cover fabric was almost in someone's
garden on the other side of the allotments. I retrieved it, repositioned
it and pegged it down as firmly as I could, supplementing the inadequate
pegs that came with it with some bits of paving slab and short garden
canes.

Not much else I could do of any use on the allotment, the ground was far
too soggy, although not quite as bad as a plot a bit further downslope
which appears have a moat.....

I got back home just in time to see the parcel delivery van driving off
and find the inevitable postcard through the letterbox. Bah!

I then had a chance to read the little booklet that comes with the
daleks - do they *really* need to tell people not to put glass and metal
in their compost bins? How daft do they think we are?

--
Carol
"Never trust a man wearing leather shorts and a plastic dressing gown"