Old 28-02-2007, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
pp pp is offline

Default bokashi composting

"Sue" wrote in message
Uh? Sorry but what is this?

Sue

--
Derby, England.

Don't try to email me using "REPLY" as the email address is NoSpam. Our
email address is "thewoodies2 at ntlworld dot com"

"pp" wrote in message
.. .
I'm not sure whether this post belongs in an environmental group or a
gardening one but has anyone tried bokashi composting and what success
have they had? I've heard it's an easier alternative to worm compost.

Phil

It's a system where you can compost cooked foods, even fishbones, by using a
microbial bran. A lot of councils are now promoting the system as a way of
getting us to compost kitchen waste that cannot be put into ordinary compost
bins. It's supposed to be a quick, non-smelling system. My council have an
arrangement where it can bought for about half price. A good site that
explains it well is http://bokashi.com.au/index.html
Phil