Old 01-03-2007, 03:35 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan ~ jan is offline

Default Koi Food Study - LONG

5% is high for fish facing a 4 month fast? Now I see why people's koi die
during the winter fast. They have no reserves to survive the winter fast.
The brand I use Nutri Source Farm Pond Diet. Why are you suddenly so
concerned about what I feed since you've known this information for 8 years
and never said a word before?

I looked up the brand and couldn't find anything with the numbers you
mentioned, but if the ingredients are digestible by the koi gut, as you
know, you're fine.

That's not to say those using koi foods are suffering deaths. My babies did
quite well on koi food and I've had no trouble selling them, not that that
is my goal. Most likely it is the brand they were using. You didn't mention
the koi food you used that you had problems with, why all prudent now?
Seems you'd want to get that information out if it produced poor results.

Yet someone else can
recommend people illegally shoot and kill protected birds and you say
nothing. Koi are not endangered, many of our birds are.

If you want to start a new thread about this, do so, but don't pull this
topic off on to something unrelated. ~ jan