Old 01-03-2007, 05:53 AM posted to austin.gardening
cat daddy cat daddy is offline

Default Grubs

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 08:41:15 -0600, "cat daddy"
wrote:

That describes the hole, so it must be one stealthy armadillo or

skunk.
I've never smelled a skunk here or seen any road kill of either. I

suppose
I'll be up nights if they return...

We have no shortage of skunk here in Texas. P.U. However, they are
very cute critters. Armadillo's have extremely strong, hard, sharp
nails to dig with. They are very strong little things. I usually see
the ones who come to my garden in the very early morning when the Fox
is returning with food for her young-ins.

Do you live in the Austin area?

Yeah, on Town Lake by Longhorn Dam...