Old 01-03-2007, 05:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Orchids and your GPS

Dear Al,

It was the lady's GPS picking up your ACA!

Aluminium covered antennae!

Cheers Wendy

"al" wrote in message news:1imFh.2983$KE2.585@trnddc06...
Okay, so this lady drops by my greenhouse this afternoon and told me she
was from Baltimore and was driving through the DC area and while on the
road she typed "orchids" into her GPS system of her car and it told her
where my greenhouse was and then led her to me. She did not apparently
type the name of my business into her GPS, because she did not set out to
come here. Is that weird or what?

Does anybody else have a GPS system in their car that will do this? Can
you explain better how it works. It can't be connected to a phone book
because I am not in a phone book.

"Tom-tom are there any orchids nearby?"