Old 01-03-2007, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default bokashi composting

On 1 Mar, 12:52, John McMillan
wrote:
In article ,
(Nick Maclaren) wrote:
Yer whaa? I have been composting such things for years in an ordinary
heap. Fish bones break down so rapidly that I only occasionally see
any even after 6 months.

Me too. Chicken bones go the same way too.
I have a heap constrained by wooden slatted sides - so it
breathes a lot. It smells a bit when turned over etc. but
otherwise its odour-free. Compost heaps, their construction
and operation seem to attract more bullshit theories
than seems strictly necessary.

)) That's not even a theory but a different way of explaining
'composting' as we all know it. Clever indeed. Check the link below -
it tells you all about what it really is. Forget the Bokashi surpise,
it's all about a bucket, a fancy bucket with a cool logo on it, and a
handfull of sawdust plus microscopic bacteria, yeasts and fungi aiding
the decomposing process which is sold as 'refill' plus a liquid (as
good as anybody's pee I'd suspect). No odour they say. Not sure about
this 'scientific' bit myself. And I'm worth it. Always.

http://www.wigglywigglers.co.uk/shop...category_id=16