Old 01-03-2007, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Something to look out for

On 1/3/07 16:07, in article
, "Dave Poole"
wrote:

snip
As to the Gentian, maybe it could go into a
big wide container currently housing a large clump of Crinum moorei.
Soft pink and intense purplish blue would work well. I'll need to
think about that

They would look very eye catching.
snip
I've more or less decided that the basjoo should be
replaced by an Ensete in the corner and be surrounded by the Monstera
you've set aside. I think I'll have to content myself with that for
this year. Space is getting very, very tight and what were relatively
tiny palms a few years ago, are now getting quite sizeable and all of
them need more room.

We're keeping an Ensete for you aren't we? I know Ray likes them better
than the Musa basjoo, probably because they don't seem to get wind shredded
so easily. In the meantime, your plants are safe here.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk