Old 01-03-2007, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default bokashi composting

On 1 Mar, 16:24, Janet Galpin wrote:
My son uses it. It seems especially suited to small scale composting. He
has a tiny garden and keeps a small bokashi bin in the kitchen. It is
indeed quick and sweet smelling and so suited for his situation where he
hasn't really got anywhere to put a bin outside and only needs a small
amount of high quality compost - rather than the large amounts of fairly
coarse stuff which I produce.

Great - it's good to hear someone's got one! The size of the 'box' is
the same as my gree 'kitchen compost' bin, which I fill and then carry
to my composts in the garden. We easily fill the bucket withiin 2
days, easy. The bokashi seems to be working very fast - and I wonder
why it does. What difference is there between the 'accelarator' we get
for ordinary compost and the bokashi stuff?!