Old 01-03-2007, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default urg meet

On 1/3/07 17:36, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:
snip

I made my own list of who has been obnoxious to Sacha.
You must be very forgiving if one isn't ITMA.

ITMA. Aren't you a bit young for that? ;-)

I wish you were right.

Of course one of them is ITMA
but as I've said before, naming names just asks for more squabbling.

snip
It's
such a shame because that Plymouth-Roscoff crossing is wonderfully simple as
it goes around midnight from Plymouth and you drive off early in the
morning, straight into your holiday.

Roscoff is a 15 hour drive from here.

Hmm, bit much for a w/e in Devon, I do agree.

To fly to Jersey from Schiphol one has to travel via Luton and it probably
costs
more than two weeks in Turkey. In the good old days there was a direct flight
Jersey, which took an odd route flying down the Belgian coast crossing the
channel at Dover and then very low along the south coast before turning
towards
Jersey. I took it once to join a boat trip.

Sounds an interesting flight! Rather strangely, there is now no longer a
flight from Jersey to Paris, so one has to fly north to London to then fly
south - and over Jersey - to Paris. Two of my children did that last year
and I suggested that next time they fly to Dinan and see if they can get a
train connection.
Two years ago when we had to fly to Jersey rather suddenly for a funeral, it
cost three of us just over £200 each to go in and out for the day - 2
flights of around 40 minutes each from Exeter. I'm sure the CI routes must
be among the most expensive in the world.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk