Old 01-03-2007, 08:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Climbing Rose Advice

On 1 Mar 2007 10:44:01 -0800, wrote:

We have one climbing rose in the corner of the yard, and not being a
rose person, I'm not really sure how to care for it. It's grown quite
tall (about 9 or 10 feet) and most of the blooms occur on young stems
way above our head. Would cutting it back to four or five feet result
in new branches closer to "nose level"? It's already showing about a
foot of fresh, reddish growth at the top. Is it too late to prune at
this point?

Thanks.

-Fleemo

The quintessential rosarians at the below URL:

http://vintagegardens.com/rose_care.html