Old 01-03-2007, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default An empty Canvas.....

On 1 Mar, 14:59, "405 TD Estate" wrote:
I am a beginner gardener and my garden has no flowers or shrubs in at
all.
Is there a good guide to what I can plant, how much it costs and what
conditions suit it?
Is the best garden one where you plant different plants etc so that
something is flowering all year round?
Would a BnQ have an advisor (or perhaps better a proper garden centre
if I could find one?) that would be able to plan what to plant and
when?
I'm assuming now(ish) coming out of winter is a good time to plant
stuff?

Everybody has asked you the right questions, though like with every
thing in life you need to plan what you want to do, what you want to
grow and write down a list of things you'd like to see in your
garden.

There's lots of guides around and from all I think the link below is
the best one for you. It's not too difficult and if you don't
understand then go back to us and ask us questions more specifically.
Read through it - it will give you an idea of the tasks and what to
do. You won't need to do it all, but sit in your garden and write down
the ideas and where you think you'd like to see a plant, a climber,
even a vegetable patch.

There's lots of help around you, more than you can realise. I'm
helping lots of people doing their gardens - from mothers with far too
much to do, to elderly people who cannot do the harder work, to
community gardens and allotments where we turn up en masse and get
cracking at week ends! It has to be enjoyable first - so don't hurry
and worry. Start slowly and little by little. It takes a long time to
do a great garden )

Where do you live?

http://www.thefarm.org/charities/i4at/lib2/howgardn.htm